Monday, September 29, 2014

Being Protected Through Genius Moves

Hey Y'all!
This week was a super long week.  We find out transfers tomorrow which is why it was so long.  We had several lessons fall through and went to a almost all black college.  That was super nice.  People were so nice and accepting there.  I loved it over there but there is more success at FSU still.  We went to Steak N' Shake which is super delicious.  Best chili dog I have ever had.  Best part of the week was yesterday where we had a lesson scheduled at noon but he didn't end up showing up so we waited and the institute was showing a video, 'His Grace is Sufficient' by Brad Wilcox, super awesome devotional for all of you who haven't seen it, so we stayed and watched that.  Right as we started a man walked in and wanted to know more about the church since he is going to BYU.  We watched the message and then after he asked how to be converted.  We talked with him for a few minutes after and gave him a baptismal date and a Book of Mormon.  He came back to the institute four hours later to run with some members and he had read the introduction, the witnesses statements, and 1 Nephi and had questions.  That was super awesome!  Can't wait to teach him!  


Just so everyone knows I am still a genius.  Wednesday night we had a couple Elders star gazing and so our Zone Leader says we should get on the roof and look at them.  So he gets a boost from another Elder to get up and waits up there for the next person.  It gets better.  The next person is getting up that way and being the genius I am I got two garbage cans (the big ones you put on the road) and stacked them.  So with three garbage cans there we have like what looks like steps up to the roof.  Genius I know.  So I climb on the first one with no problem.  I put my foot on the second one and feel it move.  What's the reasonable response to that?  Get off.  What did I do?  Continue on.  I thought I could pull myself up real quick and then the garbage cans slide out and I slip off the roof.  But wait there's more.  At the bottom of my fall is not only cement but cement steps with a railing.  Thankfully I was able to brace myself a bit and only came away with a few scrapes.  I am definitely being watched by the Lord.  I still think that was the most strategic and quickest way up.  Hope everyone has a great week! 
Elder Funk
Remember who you are and what HE stands for!

No comments:

Post a Comment