Monday, September 1, 2014

Simplified and Intensified Birthday

Hey Yall's,
Apparently in Florida some of us say yall's.  We are weird like that.  Anyway this week went pretty quickly.  P-Day's are really boring because it's just us three elders and 6 sisters with Saturday P-Days so we don't do a whole lot.  We had Stake Conference this week which was good because President Smith ripped into the members about not helping the missionaries enough and then on Tuesday we had Elder Zwick of the 70 come here and gave a broadcast for the ward council people and he ripped into them about the same thing.  Hopefully something will turn up from that.  Thursday we got to meet with Elder Zwick for a half mission conference and he brought the spirit so strongly.  We got to shake his hand and talk with him for a minute.  When I talked to him he told me to look up Ruth Funk, who happens to be my grandmother, and told me she was a legend.  (His grandmother Ruth Funk was not the General Young Womens leader. His grandmother is legendary and alive and well!) 

His main message was to 'Simplfy and intensify'.  I loved that message. Friday was incredible!  We were able to teach 6 lessons!  That was more than all of the lessons I've taught here in all the time I've been here put together.  After teaching all of those lessons some of the YSA ward threw me a surprise birthday party.  It was so awesome and nice of them.  I've been here for like a week and they really show Christ-like attributes in accepting and loving everyone.  That is a lesson that I think almost everyone could learn and work on more.  Campus is full this week with school starting on Monday.  There are so many people that we don't know who to stop and talk to.  Relying on the Holy Ghost has never been more important.  We have a former Bishop's wife, Sister Knudsen, aka Mama K who is pretty much the best.  They had us over for dinner on Sunday and then stopped by 3 times this week to bring us food.  She even brought me Krispy Creme donuts and chocolate milk on Friday.  She almost filled our fridge when we were almost empty.  Mama K is an awesome area mother.  It's hilarious because we have 7 Elders in our apartment and she seems to only feed us.  




The best part of the apartment is the outdoor shower.  It sounds weird but a warm shower at 9:50 PM under the stars is the best thing on the face of the earth!!!!  Just so you all know. Well have an awesome week!  I'll be here if anybody needs me.
Elder Funk
Remember who you are and what HE stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment