Monday, October 6, 2014

First Transfers

Hey Y'all,

Quite the long week this week.  Even more weird that today is Monday and not Saturday.  I am a normal missionary for once!  SoSunday we found out that Elder Rogers was going to be transferred.  Monday and Tuesday were pretty much him saying goodbye to everyone.  I felt like such a horrible missionary for wasting so much time doing that.  Tuesday we had District Activity where we played 5 base baseball.  It was in the gym and you play with a tennis racket and a tennis ball and to get people out you hit them with the ball.  A couple sisters got hit in the face from a ball off the racket and that was a feel bad moment for everyone but on the bright side I made a spinning throw off my back leg running away from the bag  to get someone out at first that would make Derek Jeter proud.  

Wednesday we roadtripped 2 1/2 hours to pick up our new companion, Elder Frederiksen.  He was just a zone leader so he is super knowledgeable and obedient.  The first morning he was here he chastised us on our morning "workout" time.  He told us sitting up out of bed and moving to the couch wasn't "exercise" and we needed to be more obedient there.  That was the moment when I knew it was going to be a long week and maybe a long transfer.  We have been doing a lot more productive work now that he is here which is good.  Nothing super exciting happened Thursday or Friday just super long days trying to get used to this new companion and adjusting to his style.  

I have realized that the work isn't difficult getting used to, the area isn't difficult getting used to, the dress, ridicule, and the people here aren't hard getting used to, but the hardest parts for me as a missionary is learning where I am best utilized, not having any alone time, and having to change my lifestyle in order to compromise with a stranger that I am going to be working with 24/7 for at least 5 weeks.  On a brighter note General Conference was super.  

I understand why it's "Christmas" for Missionaries.  It was pretty much a two day rest from contacting and to gain more knowledge.  In between the first two sessions the AP's had a baptism for someone in our ward that they taught.  That was cool.  As for the actual conference part I really enjoyed D. Todd Christofferson's talk,  Jorg Klebingat's, Dieter F. Uchtdorf's Priesthood Session talks.  All the talks were great though.  I definitely got a lot more out of it this time...Mostly because I actually paid attention and took notes this time...I can also proudly say that I cut my own hair for the first time Sunday night and it looks presentable.  So yeah...long long long week.  Love Y'all and hope this is an awesome week for you.

Elder Funk

Remember who you are and what HE stands for!

No comments:

Post a Comment