Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Water (like flooding rain) plus Tornado does NOT equal a hurricane

Hey Y'all,
This week was a slower week.  Nothing too exciting happening.  Tuesday we were at Zone Training and a member texted us to let us know that there was a flash flood warning and five minutes later he texted us again saying we were upgraded to a tornado warning.  Now this leads to the subject line and the nonsense that is involved here.  What is a hurricane?  Tornado + rain  What did we have?  Tornado + Rain.  Exactly.  It makes no logical sense but then again we are in the South.  Wednesday I got interviewed by President Smith.  That was super short because I had no idea what was going on.  It was good though.  Always nice to feel the love your President has for you.  

  I also got to teach a lesson that night with just me and a member.  That was super scary but a great confidence builder.  I taught super well and was able to actually have words come out and take control of the lesson.  I also got a ride in a sweet mustang that night.  It had some nice seats.  I'd get one just for the seats.  Thursday we had a 'Fall Festival' activity put on by 'the ward' (Missionaries did everything for it).  It was fun but I think some missionaries lost their focus and got wrapped up in it.  So we left and taught a lesson and went contacting.  Friday we planned for next week and taught four lessons.  Then a member took us to Wendy's.  Frosty Friday lives on!  haha that was super awesome.  I was kind of sad that I was not able to wear my Frosty Friday shirt.  

After that we had our investigator, Cait, text us that she wants to be baptized on the 2nd of November.  She has been ready for a month and is finally going to do it!  We fasted together and then in zone training we were challenged to get a BCD before the first week in November and a baptism by Christmas and we planned on 2 baptisms this transfer and it all goes to show that Heavenly Father has a plan and inspires us in little ways about how that plan is to come about.  I am so grateful for Him and the life he has given me.  Have an awesome week everyone!
Elder Funk
Remember who you are and what HE stands for!





No comments:

Post a Comment