Monday, December 8, 2014

Out of Order

Hey Y'all,
It's been quite a week.  We got to finish teaching Latedrick (La-Ted-Drick) the missionary lessons and finished with a baptism today!  So at the beginning at this week we were informed that we were not to use our shower until some guy came and recaulked it because the ground underneath the floor was so saturated that mold would have grown in a week.  So we are still waiting on getting that done and then Wednesday our toilet got clogged so our bathroom was out of order until we could get some things fixed.  Not the best start to the week.  Overcoming those obstacles has made this a fun week.  Sort of.  Anyway we did a lot of finding work this week.  Talking to a lot of people and we had a family history appointment where we ended up finding Edgar Allen Poe's draft card.  The person was so happy to find that.  Tuesday we saw an armadillo!  Those things are creepy.  They remind Elder Milne of Rodants of Unusual Size.  

Thursday we had Latedrick's baptismal interview where he was 40 minutes late...awkward...After he passed that interview we played some 5 base baseball.  I am pretty sure it has been described in a previous letter but you play in a gym and with a tennis ball and racket.  Rules are a bit different and you can hit people with the ball to get them out.  I'd be really good at that if I could aim at all with my throws.  Let me kick it and I could nail anyone but I can't throw worth a bean.  

Yesterday we ended up finding two new investigators that seem really solid.  It's just really unfortunate that we found them right before winter break.  That will be fun trying to find work during that time.  We also taught a Chinese man named Bei.  We got to teach about God and how we can find out if he's there.  That's something I never thought I'd get/have to teach.  Today we were able to get Latedrick baptized!  Super awesome.  We felt bad because no hot water was coming out so the font was freezing cold.  No problem for Latedrick and Taylor Wilhelm though!  I got to talk on the Holy Ghost and it is so cool to see how you are given opportunities to talk on something that you need to learn more about.  I think the studying benefited me more than anyone listening to my talk.  Sorry people at the baptism...Oh well.  Well that's all for the week Y'all!  Have  a great one!
Elder Funk
Remember who you are and what HE stands for!
P.S.  I'll send pictures when I can figure out how to work this fishin technology! 

No comments:

Post a Comment