Thursday, July 7, 2016

President and Sister Smith (Round 2)

Hey Ya'll!

Pretty solid week this week.  Had a lot of great moments though!  I hit a few special moments.  Tuesday I went to Destin to go on a tradeoff with Elder Tate.  He is the bomb!  Love that guy.  We had a great tradeoff and were able to get a lot of work done down in his area despite getting lost a couple of times.  (not my fault)

Wednesday night we had a disagreement with a member over our car exchanges with the sisters.  The member has had a really  rough week and just errupted on Elder Millard.  Really unfortunate.  All over walking a block at night.  I understand her concern but I don't think she understands that we do that all of the time in much worse places than between our apartment and the Sister's apartment.  Hopefully we can help her be comforted with the information that our Mission President has given us that we are fine to walk at night.....nothing worse than going to your brand new mission president and having to ask a super stupid question because you told a member you would....oh well.  I'm over it.  

Friday we got to meet President and Sister Smith (II).  They are an awesome couple and just want to see everything go well.  Very relaxed couple.  I love it!  I got to bear my testimony at zone conference....it's weird how real it is getting that I am going home soon....well fairly soon...I still have plenty of time and work to do.  Anyway we had Thomas Kibler take us to Waffle House before Zone conference and then Chick-fil-a so Elder Larsen (guy I came out with) and  I could talk for a bit.  Thomas is such a stud!

Saturday was awesome!  The sister's had 3 baptisms in the morning and then our investigator got married that evening!  Awesome day!  So spiritual!  Sunday we had a great day as well.  I got the blessing of confirming the Sister's investigators into the Church.  Such an incredible spirit was there.  It was super cool to be able to do three confirmations right in a row.  I felt they were semi-repetitive and then I had several people, including a member of the Stake Presidency, tell me how impressed they were with the blessings.  I truly was able to see that the blessings were not from me but from the Lord and even though I hadn't asked God if the blessings were repetitive he calmed my mind and brought peace to my heart.  What a wonderful God we have!  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment