Monday, March 14, 2016

I do have a spiritual side

Hey Y'all

So this week was a great one and very spiritual so in my laziness I will just send most of the email that I wrote to my mission President with a few additions at the end.

This week has been one of the most spirtually strengthening weeks of my life. Monday I prayed for knowledge on how to have more success. I received the answer that I need to talk to more people and testify to 1000 people by the end of my mission. Tuesday at District Meeting the spirit brought to my heart the command to be a consecrated missionary. So strong and powerful was the influence that I could not deny it. Wednesday we had lesson after lesson of great spiritual impact. Not only for me but for our investigators. Thursday during personal study I read Elder Callister's talk 'A consecrated Missionary'. Powerful insight into my mission and devotion. I have dedicated myself to becoming such by: removing all "negative bone(s)", relying on my God given reserve tanks to give my all each day, give no excuse for lack of effort but change the nature of that wrong, look at the white handbook as a book of blessings, to talk to everyone I meet, and to lay everything on the alter of sacrifice once again and for the last time. For it is in giving our all that the Lord will give us His all. Friday we had a bunch of plans fall through and we were led up a wrong street that ran us into an inactive part member family from Perdido who wanted to take us to dinner! They are such a sweet little family and would embrace the gospel if they were ever home enough for the Elders to go teach them. That day we were also able to do family history with a returning member and were working on getting her deceased son's information so that his temple work could get done. Saturday her daughter went to the temple and saw her brother in every room except the celestial room and was told to hurry and get his work done so that he could join them in the celestial room! Finally the ward has undergone an incredible change. The Bishop promised everyone that would put forth the work to help the new ward grow a miracle! I felt the spirit so strongly during that. I am so glad to have been apart of this ward. 

I did get a new bike Tuesday on a trade off.  I also went super hard on working out.  Since we don't have weight bars to do squatting we just use each other.  So I squatted Elder Hildebrandt and he squatted me.  hahahaha weird but fun and strengthening.   Poor Hildebrandt though hahaha.  Got rained on a lot but it was all good and fun.  That's about all I got for y'all this week.  

Quote of the Week:

The separation is in the preparation

-Russel Wilson via Derryl Stolworthy

No comments:

Post a Comment