Monday, February 22, 2016

Tornado Touchdown

Hey y'all!

Crazy week!  Monday night we had a couple of tornado's touch down and raise cain!  One touched down about 2 miles away and jacked up a Walmart so much that they had to close it down for a while.  The other one touched down about 30 miles away in Jay.  Destroyed so many homes and things.  So Tuesday we spent most of the day up there trying to help the members and those around them clean up what was left of their homes.  After that I don't want to be in any tornadoes any time soon.

Wednesday we Just did some more missionary work.  Thursday we bike around a bit and had my breaks (not one but both) go out while going down a giant hill.  I can honestly say that was one of the most fervent prayers I have said on the mission.  hahaha Friday we had to go deal with member's crap.....ugh....hahaha we went to help them get to vegetable patches ready and in that process we put in cow crap and chicken crap.  Really cool though.  Went to dinner at our Bishop's house and I felt so awful they took pity on my poor soul and sent me home with medicine and sent me to bed at 8:15 (the bishop's wife is a nurse so I did as she said).

Saturday we went back up to the Jay area to help do more clean up.  So much destruction.  I'll try to send more pictures next week of it.  They also say that we are supposed to have tornado weather tuesday-thursday so if y'all could pray that it doesn't hit so hard I'd surely appreciate it.

Sunday we had dinner with this family and had butter beer (for those of you who didn't get that it is from Harry Potter).  Quite good stuff.  Well I think that's about all that is on my mind for this week.  Have a great week and don't do stupid things without me!

No comments:

Post a Comment