Monday, February 1, 2016

Flying High

Hey y'all,

This week was a pretty good week.  I will recap it quickly for you.

Monday we were taken to the Naval Aviation Museum on the military base here in Pensacola and it was such a cool place.  I loved it and it was even cooler having two veterans from our ward take us on a tour of the place and describe everything to us!

Tuesday we had a lot of our plans fall through but we were still able to get a lot of work done and ended the night going on a trade off with the zone leaders.  I stayed in Pensacola with Elder Thomas.  He is such a stud.  He came in and said "I love going on trade offs because I feel I can be bold with people cause I don't have to see them again"  Interesting perspective but it made me understand the importance of being bold with people.

Wednesday we got to see a lot of people and ended up finding a new investigator after one of our appointments fell through.  That was great.  It was also a very spiritually enlightening trade off.

Thursday was pretty boring we planned almost all day and worked on getting to know more members the rest of the day.  

Friday we went out with Brother Forster on his birthday!  Such a great guy!  We got him some gifts and then he took us to lunch.  haha seems a little backwards but I'll take it.  

Saturday we biked to a few appointments across town.  It felt so good.  It was in the 60's and was clear skies.  So much better than being trapped in Utah snow.

Sunday was another Sunday.  We did have an appointment fall through and then felt prompted to see a less active family we haven't seen in a while and were an answer to their prayers.  They told us about having to pretty much disown their own son because of the choices he had made and the constant pain and threat he posed to the family.  I can't ever imagine having to do that.  But they said that there was such a great peace that was brought into their home and we had an amazing prayer with them and the spirit was so strong.  Wonderful!

Well that's all I got for ya.  Have a great week!  Be good.  Love Jesus!

--
Elder Funk

Remember who you are and what HE stands for!

Don't worry I found the few Coca Cola products in the Museum ;)

Blue Angel airplanes

Who put me in charge of flying this thing?!?!?!?!​

 Elder Thomas and I


No comments:

Post a Comment