Wednesday, May 13, 2015

They call me Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego

Hey Y'all!

Great week here in sunny Bonifay.  Tuesday we started off the week going hard.  We were able to teach a ton.  Wednesday we went and did service for one LD.  We have been cutting down bushes, shrubs, and trees in his back yard. So we decided to start a fire.  He poured a ton of gas on the middle of the pile then made a trail out to the side and then he gave me the lighter.  I stood a responsible distance away and then lit it and all I heard was a WHOOSH and saw flames encircle me.  I took off running.  I thought for sure that I was on fire but I wasn't.  Scary moment but oh so cool.  

Thursday was alright and then Friday we did some more service for LD.  Saturday was a day full of service.  Had breakfast with a member and then did some work for him and then went and tried to fix a car.  Safe to say that the car does not run any more....not my fault....Sunday was awesome.  Got to go to church then eat lunch with LD and skype home. 

 Always a good day when you see your family.  Then finished the night at the Lubbe's teaching Jeff.  We have set a BCD with him for the 30th.  Such a great guy and it was such a neat experience.  So yeah good week.  Well have a great week Y'all!

Elder Funk

Remember who you are and what HE stands for!

Southern word of the Week:  Bitties
(baby chickens)
The hen and her bitties ate the feed we gave to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment