Friday, August 29, 2014

MTC Emails


 August 12, 2014

This is my first and only P-Day in the MTC so this will most likely be the only letter that I write from here.  The first few days have gone by so flipping slowly.  The minutes were like hours, the hours like days, and the days like weeks.  But since Sunday the days have gone by quicker and I can't be more grateful.  The worst part of the MTC is the stupid flipping alarm clock every morning.  (We say flip a lot down here.)  Another bad part is they don't allow music at the MTC!  What kind of rule is that!?!?!?  Anyway other than that it has gone pretty well.  I have gotten to see a lot of my friends down here including having Elder Jensen and Elder Hansen come to pick me up on Wednesday!  Elder Jensen got to be my host and that was awesome!  I have two companions, Elder Richardson (from California) and Elder Jones (from West Monroe Yeah like Duck Dynasty and then moved to Herriman)  They are great Elders and we mesh really well so that's nice.  We spend so much time in the classroom. It is so great and spiritual but its kind of a drag.  It took a couple days for us to get comfortable but there came a point when we all just felt comfortable with each other. 
Sincerely,
Elder Funk

Remember who you are and what HE stands for!


August 18, 2014

Hey everybody,

This week went by quickly.  Got to teach an awesome TRC investigator.  I don't know what TRC stands for I think it is like Tough Real Characters or at least it should be.  Some of these people are so mean and some are so sweet but everyone is real and they are difficult to teach.  Ours was amazing! She was so sweet.  We actually had dinner with her tonight before we left and apparently that's weird and unheard of but we really just hit it off.  Other than that the MTC is just learning and teaching.  We head out tomorrow morning at 3:30 AM what a joy....  So yeah that's about all I got this week... Nothing too exciting going on besides that but sleep will definitely be difficult to come by tonight.  Here are some pictures for the general amusement of everyone.  The cereal bowls here are tiny.  I miss my mixing bowl. I can't see the pictures any more so I have no idea what they are but I think I sent a picture of a flower that I took and thought was pretty so enjoy that.  There is beauty all around us.  We just don't take the time to see it.  Pause and look at the miracles God has given us!  So Yeah I hope you all have a great week.  Love everyone!

Elder Funk

Remember who you are and what HE stands for!

No comments:

Post a Comment